Wednesday, January 23, 2013

#21 Lance Armstrong

I’m a bit of a fence sitter when it comes to this one. On my right hand I say used all these drugs, lied to everyone for so long, ran all these campaigns saying he wouldn’t do that, and how it’s all about hard work, all the while running livestrong and being a hero to most with cancer leaving them with the mentality that “I can do anything if I work hard enough, just look at Lance.” But then on my left hand I think if they were all doping, then he was just the best at doping. He still had to work hard to win that many times. He still had to beat cancer and he still donated a huge amount of money to help stop cancer and to help all these people that look up to him. No he may not be the most fantastic, Nelson Mandela/ Ghandi/God but we can’t strip him of the good that came out of his wins. He may not deserve those metals, but as far as I can tell neither does anyone else in those races.

No comments:

Post a Comment