Wednesday, January 23, 2013

#18 Me Mentality

My favourite part of that was “the gap between the principle and the practice is impossible to miss” because it really is. The gap is getting bigger and bigger every day. Practice what you preach. Otherwise why preach, if you’re not listening to yourself why would you expect others to? I think it’s a very big deal that only 10% stopped. It really shows how were just caught up in our own lives, going day to day to look after ourselves and our families we forget all about caring for other people and even the planet. I’m no ecowarrior but when I think about how much I was every day it disgusts me. It also disgusts me the judgemental comments that go through my head as I’m at school or watching TV. I really start to wonder how I got this bad. I really hate when people use the word “gay” instead of stupid, but I use the expression “that’s retarded”. Now tell me that isn’t the exact same thing, I’m such a hypocrite as a sit here and tell the people who didn’t stop to help the shabby old man that they in fact are hypocrites. I think that was a bit of self-realization right there…

No comments:

Post a Comment