Wednesday, January 23, 2013

#15 & 16 Challenge Day

I attended challenge day and I really did enjoy it. I share a lot more than I thought I would and learned a lot more than I had anticipated. Although I like it and I’m sure it could be helpful for many schools, I’m not sure I would go again. I am also not sure where to go from here. There is faint reminder that challenge day happened but it didn’t make the big impact I thought it might. Hearing them talk about it at challenge day and planning how to get along better with others is great… but once the challenge day leaders are gone back to California it ends there. I don’t know what the answer is on to how to keep it going. But I do now that there are far too many kids who need this day that will never get it because there are far too many kids who think they need this day but soon realize they didn’t need it after all, that their life and hardships were not as bad as they may have thought. If challenge day did one thing, it was put things in perspective. You got a peek into other people’s lives; it’s what you do with that information that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment